The East Indian guy cooks for us
- Red lentils
- Spinach, fresh
- Fresh tomatoes
- An onion
- Red Onion
- Chile and pepper season
- Cumin seeds
- Paprika (spice)
- Sharwood Mango Chutney
NB. Make sure you use the cumin seeds not cumin powder.
DAHL made from red lentils
- Boil the lentils
- Put in a half a bag of spinach
- 2 tbs Garam masala, 2 tbs paprika and salt
- Added 4 tomatos and 1 onion roughly chopped
- In another small casarole he heated 1 dl veggie oil. Add 3 garlic cloves, chileflakes, 1 tbs cumin or so.
- After it had been heated in the oil for about 3-4 min, he put it to the lentils pot. Had it simmering for about 10 minutes. The texture is like a thick soup.
Put 1 cup flour in a bowl. Add about 1/2 cup luke warm water and bit of salt. Make a dough. Devide it into little balls and roll it out. (So it looks like a mexican tortilla)
Heat a non stick pan. Cook the bread on one side for few secons, flip over and cook for few seconds. Press it carefully to get air into it. Then again flip.
Here is a great video to see how it is done. I totally recommend you watch it if you wanna make this. It´s so easy. I make it all the time now.
I usually don´t use oil on the pan. She uses Ghee, but if you like you can use oil or butter.
I made the Raita.
- 2 cups plain yougurt or greek yogurt
- Red onion
- 1/2 tbs Garam masala or other good indian spice blends
- About 2-3 tbs Maldon salt
Refrigerate the Raita for a bit. Serve it all with rice and Mango chutney.