Chicken chili with cannellini beans
This was so good I almost didn´t get a picture of it, it was all gone so fast. This is such a perfect dish to make when the weather is “chili” as well. I would say this is a comfort food, but it isn´t a heavy one or unhealthy at all. It is actually very healthy and unbelievable tasty.
When I was having my what to cook dilemma I asked fellow bloggers if they had any nice recipes to share, and this is one of them.
This is how I did it and it was perfect amount for 2 greedy people. I served it with what was left of the Farro salad I made the day before.
Chicken Cannellini Chili
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup redwine
- 1 chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 2 cups white cannellini beans, cooked
- 1 lonely carrot, finely chooped
- 1 cup organic frozen sweet corn
- 10 slices of canned mild jalapeno slices
- 1cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups water (the recipe goes for chicken broth but I didn´t have any so I just used water)
Saute the onion and the carrot for few minutes, add garlic, oregano and cumin. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
I recommend you take a look at the recipe here I got from suebthefoodie and follow that when making this the first time, but you know mine was really good as well even though I didn´t use broth or Marsala wine. But mine was more of a stew and if you see her picture it´s got more of a soup texture, I think that is good too. I also had one lonely carrot I threw in there with the onion.
The only essential thing in this recipe is to take half of the beans and mash them good.
Talk about chicken,here is another shot of my neighbor Haukur.
You can also find me here: