Top 10 recipes of 2012 – The post you´ve all been waiting for
I am a sucker for top 10 and best of in the beginning of a new year, so I am doing top ten favorite recipes I blogged about in 2012. (In no particular order…)
Hey, and thank you everyone for checking out my blog in 2012. I started this blog in English now in 2012 but I have been blogging for about 5 years in Icelandic.
Top ten, here we go…
1. This is THE Sandwich. It is filled with few of my favorite things, ground beef, melted cheese and jalapeno. The Super Duper Awesome Sandwich
(Photo taken by pro photograher, Björn, of the Lahmacun I made.)
2. I love pizza, I can always eat pizza, I eat a lot of pizza. There for I love to play with various toppings. After a visit to Istanbul I fell in love with Lahmacun. I use ground lamb and fresh herbs. If you have not tried it I recommend Lahmacun.
3. Did I mention I love pizza? Talking about various toppings. This is a winner. The cheese spread is perfect for topping burgers as well. Pizza with jalapeno cheese spread.
4. I have been looking for a good Naan recipe. I found this one and it was perfect, but It´s not quite Naan, but very close. It´s called Kulchas.
5. I love pizza, I can always eat pizza, I eat a lot of pizza. 😀 Calzone is always good and this one was particularly memorable.
6. If you could say I have a hobby it´s pizza and Chile con Carne. I do a lot of ground beef and veggies, but since I don´t eat much of chicken I hadn´t done a chicken chile. I got a recipe, I tried it, I loved it… Chicken chili with Cannellini beans.
7. Lobster, how can a recipe with lobster go wrong, maybe it can but serve it with avocado and keep it simple and you have a winner. Lobster with avocado
8. Scallops and fennel is a lovely combo . I love combining fennel to my cooking. With scallops and orange it´s magic.
9. Raw salmon mmmmmmm. Here in Iceland we have lots of fresh fish. If you find fresh salmon, try this dish.
10. There is nothing like home made. When ever I can do my own, I do…my own pasta, asian noodles, bread or tortillas. These are made with Masa Harina. Dipping them in cold water after baking makes them very soft and flexible.
I could have done top t twenty. Instead I might throw in, every now and then, top ten sandwiches, top ten pizzas, even top ten Icelandic food 😉
We´ll see. At least those 10 recipes above are worth the try.